The OpenBuilds Solid V Xtreme Wheel is part of the heavy duty Xtreme line of OpenBuilds parts, designed with strength in mind.
These solid Xtreme V's are made from very hard polycarbonate (clear) material which, due to its strong nature, will resist compression and wear and, in turn, leads to better overall precision and strength for your builds.
The Xtreme V wheels are designed to be used as a heavy duty alternative to the Delrin V Wheels in applications such as CNC Routers/Mills where force and weight are introduced into the system. So, while the Delrin V Wheels work great for most light load applications the OpenBuilds Solid V Xtreme wheels can be used for builds where heavier loads are required and less compression than the delrin is desired.
tested these wheels at 25lbs. per wheel with no noticeable deflection. Beta testing resulted in unofficial results of 55lbs. per wheel!
Many of these wheels could be added to a gantry to allow an even distribution of the load across them.
Each wheel is carefully milled for consistent high precision and tolerance.
Each Wheel Kit Includes:
- (1) OpenBuilds Solid Xtreme V Wheel
- (2) Ball Bearings - 625 2RS
- (2) 5mm Precision Shim
- (1) Lock Nut with Nylon Insert
Also, be sure to grab the screws and spacers of your choice here:
- Low Profile Screw (25mm for use with 1/8" Plate and 30mm for 1/4" Plates)
- Aluminum Spacers (choose between 6mm and 1/4")
- Eccentric Spacers (choose between 6mm and 1/4")
Note: Usually for a standard gantry plate you will need two Eccentric Spacers as well as two Aluminum Spacers
- Material - Polycarbonate (clear)
- Dimensions 24.39 OD x 15.974 +/- 0.026 ID x 10.23 'thick'
- Rockwell Hardness M 75
- Compressive Strengh 86Mpa
IMPORTANT Only use silicone for lubrication on these polycarbonate wheels if needed. DO NOT use synthetic lubricating oils or cutting oils.